The Cue Story
When the first Cue store opened in Sydney's Strand Arcade, it brought fast, reactive fashion to Australia - and became an Australian fashion pioneer.
Over 40 years later, Cue continues to influence. In our quest for great fashion - exclusive new designs arrive in store every week. In the beginning, Cue concentrated on the latest looks from London with exclusive prints that kept the fashion-hungry hordes coming back for more. That insatiable appetite for up-to-the-second style has been a formula for success.
We now have Cue Stores in all major cities throughout Australia and New Zealand, as well as a dedicated Cue department on the fashion floor of every Myer store. The Cue and Myer partnership was forged in 1970 and continues today. Our joint heritage is our future - it is with great pride Myer is Australia's exclusive department store Home of Cue.
Cue is still a family-owned company - by the same family that started it all back in 1968 - and is 100% Australian owned. We are proud of our heritage but always have a focus on the future - and creativity. All designs originate in our head office in Surry Hills, Sydney, and almost everything is made in Australia. Staying local has meant that we can respond immediately to current trends and customer needs - and we also keep jobs in Australia. Cue has a great relationship with its manufacturers and we work closely with the TCFUA Union to maintain an ethical workplace. This focus on our workers shows in the high quality of everything we make, and in the passion and dedication of our entire team.
While we make almost everything in Australia, we also work with the most prestigious fabric mills in Europe to develop fabrics to our own specifications and with our own print designs, meaning that you won't see those prints and fabrics anywhere else. So you can be on trend, and live life in fashion on Cue.
- Prix de marie claire Awards - Winner Best Australian Fashion Brand (Not awarded since)
- Grazia 2012 Shopping Awards - Winner Favourite High Street Brand (Not awarded since)
- Prix de marie claire Awards - Winner Best Australian Fashion Brand
- Grazia 2011 Shopping Awards - Inaugural winner Favourite Overall High Street Chain
- Myer Supplier of the Year Awards - Winner Community Services Award (Not awarded since)
TNT Ragtrader Fashion Retailer of the Year Awards - Winner Fashion Retailer of the Year
(Not awarded since)
- Prix de marie claire Awards - Finalist Best Australian Fashion Brand
- TNT Ragtrader Fashion Retailer of the Year Awards - Winner Fashion Retailer of the Year
- marie claire Prix de Excellence Awards - Winner Best Australian Fashion Brand
- Harper's Bazaar Online Style Awards - Winner Best Australian Fashion Store
(Not Awarded Since)
- Myer Supplier of the Year Awards - Inaugural winner Supplier of the Year
- Myer Supplier of the Year Awards - Winner Myer Concession - Store Within Our Store Award